Wednesday, September 16, 2009

New Intramural Fields?

I'm sure you have all seen the new intramural fields that SRU has paid 1.3 million dollars to have put in over the hill behind Building F. To be perfectly honest, I have never heard one complaint about 'not having enough room for intramural sports'. Besides being an extra 10-15 minute walk farther away from campus, is there really a need for 2 more softball fields and 4 extra soccer/football fields? Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me, I believe there are plenty of fields everywhere from around the ARC and near the Field House to even a short walk to near the Equestrian Center, which has another softball field and 3 soccer fields right next to it.
I feel like our school should be putting that money towards more important things like fixing roads littered with potholes, or better repair to the building that they are currently working on now. Oh, and the lights? I know that intramural sports aren't going to be played at night. That was just a waste.

2 comments:

  1. I agree all those fields were not needed, we have plenty of space around campus, and the lights seem like a big waste unless they plan on having intramurals at night. I also think the money would have been better spent fixing the roads because some of them are bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave I strongly agree with your debate about the new fields. I am currently involved in two intramurals sports and neither of them have been played on the new fields so what else are they really used for. I think the money should have been spent on something to benefit the entire university such as more parking lots because that has really become a serious issue around campus. If they spent all this money on the fields why not let everyone use them and enjoy something new. I feel that it was a waste of money and time but there is not enything anyone can do now.

    ReplyDelete